Mendocino’s inn above the beach. Close to everything. Away from it all.
One-of-a-kind Historic Ocean Front Guest House
The Dolphin House is a truly unique Mendocino home perched on a bluff-top, just steps from the wild Pacific Ocean. Nearly every room in the house has a spectacular ocean view. The house was built in the 1960s in the popular organic, hand crafted style to resonate with its surroundings. The interior has been updated recently in that style, adding modern conveniences.
The spacious grounds invite strolls to view the lovely cove to the south, the wild ocean to the west, and the Pt. Cabrillo light station to the north. Private, quiet, and well equipped, you won’t want to leave, but if you choose to get out and hike, bike, dine, shop, or look at art, Mendocino village and five state parks are just a few minutes away.
Dolphin House can accommodate up to four adults. Children under 16 years of age are not allowed due to the very close proximity of the Pacific Ocean.
Upper floor Entry and Main living area
- Spectacular ocean views throughout
- Two ocean view decks
- Gourmet kitchen
- Spacious living and dining room area
- Massive wood burning fireplace
- Queen Murphy wall bed (near the dining area) with Tempurpedic mattress
- Bathroom with shower and deep soaking tub with ocean view
- Satellite HD TV
- Entertainment system
- Queen bed with ocean views
- Bathroom with shower
- Sitting room with gas fireplace
- Telephone (limited cell phone service)
- Free wireless internet access
- Linens, towels, and bath amenities
- Kitchen utensils, pots and pans
- Firewood enough for a fire each night of the stay (more firewood is available for a modest fee)
Very limited availability. Don’t wait to RESERVE the Dolphin House.
- No daily maid service or breakfast
- Linens, towels & bath amenities are provided
- No smoking is permitted indoors or on decks, or anywhere near the house or near dry grass
- No pets
- No candles
- A cleaning fee will be charged if evidence of smoking, pets, or candles is found
- Check in time is from 3pm - 6pm
- 11am checkout. This is firm so that we can prepare the house for the next guests
Due to guest allergies there are no pets allowed.
Interesting Information About Dolphin House
- Read an article from the 1960s regarding the house
- View a commercial for Honda which includes the Dolphin House. Disclaimer: The hot tub in the commercial was just a prop!
RATES | CHECK AVAILABILITY